3.01.2012

Cloth Diapering Day 2

We started the cloth diapers yesterday and it has gone really well! I figured his poos would start to get more normal soon since my milk was starting to come in and I wanted to start the cloth as soon as possible because I wanted to get used to it when we still had a few disposables to fall back on. It took about 2 diaper changes to get used to the fit on the newborn gDiapers but once I figured out what I could do to make them fit better (since they soaked through in the same spot both times) they have worked great and I haven't had any more leaks.

I have 12 tiny gDiapers that look like this. You just put the cloth insert inside it snugly so in this one the cloth insert is right up against his skin. It holds everything in super well. His poo didn't come out of the sides or up the back at all.
And we also have 1 Rumparooz Lil Joey one which is an "All in One" diaper (so you don't stuff the insert inside of it or do anything else. It's close to a disposable in design.) I really like this one. I might get one more of this one from the quilted bear right by our house. It fits him really well. His wet diaper in this one gave me a taste of what the pocket ones will be like. I could tell it was wet but it was practically dry next to his skin. It also has an extra gusset on the inside to contain more in case of a poo.
Overall I am actually really loving them a lot more than the disposables. I've been really impressed. He seems to leak through disposables almost every time. We put him in disposables last night through the night and he leaked through every single one. We had to change his diaper AND clothes AND get a new blanket every two hours. When he's in cloth during the day I don't have to change his clothes once so I'm thinking I'll try him in the cloth tonight just to see how it goes. I'm washing the first load right now and the only thing that is a little difficult is that I wish we had bought our diaper sprayer already to help get some of the stuff off a little easier. Other than that, the cloth diaper experience has been going great!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so glad you are liking them!! I never had any leaks really with cloth either :) just curious what cloth inserts you are using with the tiny gdiapers. I tried the gdiapers cloth inserts and they didn't work well so I called them and they said the tiny gs were really meant for the disposable inserts and the cloth could be used in the normal gs. But maybe other better inserts would work better. I'm curious because I want to use tiny gs with our next baby :) so happy for you guys Harvey is adorable

Kaitlyn said...

Thanks! Yeah I am using all of our small sized inserts from various brands and I just fold them in the front and most fit just fine. Some of the small ones are too wide or too big but I have enough for the 12 I do have. Oh and if you're going to keep doing cloth you should check out the GAD diapers. I haven't used them yet, but they are my favorite design out of the ones I have. I am excited for him to get bigger so we can try them all out.

Sarah said...

I'm so glad they work well with other cloth inserts! And I will definitely check out gad diapers since I hadn't heard of them :)