2.19.2012

Pre-Labor

Crossing my fingers that I have at least a few more days to get stuff done before he's here!

I woke up to go to the bathroom last night and then I thought maybe my water had sprung a leak because of how my potty experience went. I'll spare you all the details. I laid on my side for 30 minutes and got up, but nothing else came out so I knew my water hadn't broken. After that though I started getting irregular Braxton Hicks and couldn't go back to sleep of course. After about an hour of the practice contractions I knew I wouldn't get back to sleep until they stopped so I got up and got a snack and surfed the internet while I had a timer website open just to see how many I would get before they stopped and to make sure they weren't turning into a pattern. I ended up with about 11 in the second hour of me being awake before they started going away but they weren't in a pattern at all or increasing in strength/length and all that good stuff (although some got a little uncomfortable). Some were 30 seconds, some were 2 minutes and some were only 2 or 3 minutes apart and others were 8+ minutes apart. After they slowed down to more than 10 minutes apart and started to lessen, I was able to get back to sleep. Today I've still been having a few contractions here and there - about 5 short ones each hour, give or take. It seems they get more frequent and more intense as it gets later though.

Anyway, on top of being pretty "crampy" the past two days off and on and getting a lot more Braxton Hicks than usual that are getting increasingly uncomfortable, he also dropped about a week or so ago and other people have noticed too so I know I'm not going crazy. I'm thinking he is going to come early because of all of these things, but I'm not going to get my hopes up because you never know how long pre-labor stuff can last. BUT I do hope he comes a little bit early so these pre-labor symptoms don't feel like they were for nothing!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Sounds like you are following suit with your sisters. Trust me having braxton hicks are the easy part. If you are not already doing this, use this time to practice your relaxation and visualization techniques to get you ready for the real deal. You will not regret it one minute.