7.26.2011

Seven

We're up to week seven folks. We're over halfway through the first trimester! So far I've only thrown up once and it was in the morning with mostly water so I am feeling pretty lucky that I've been able to keep my food down despite having nausea around the clock off and on but mostly on. My key so far has been to eat little things throughout the day instead of meals. If I wait to be hungry to eat I feel sick and start dry heaving. This weekend I started to feel sick before then too so maybe I am speaking too soon with the "only thrown up once" bit.
It has proven difficult for family events involving eating lunch or dinner. I find myself either absolutely ravenous or absolutely sick if I don't eat something before I go to these events or in the car just before we go inside. It is also difficult considering my current picky food attitude about what sounds "good" (as in won't make me puke) and what doesn't. Crackers helped for a while but now they're kind of getting to be a little old so hopefully this week I can keep this miracle up of keeping all my food where it belongs!

2 comments:

Jared said...

We're glad to hear things are going well. As a back-up, Oreos and Cookies & Cream ice cream are awesome (if you're in the mood for the like) because if you get to enjoy them for a second time, they are still yummy on the reverse trip. Lots of love!

The Maughans said...

I was super duper sick with My daughter too and i found that lemon flavor helps the nausea go away or at least keep it under control for a few min. Lemonade did wonders for me so maybe try that and lemon heads. weird i know but it really helped. Sprite worked pretty good too so i would usually add a little bit to my lemonade. sorry you are so sick i know exactly what you are going through! good luck and hang in there.