1.19.2009

Madness

Sometimes I feel like I am going crazy! Today is one of those days. It seems like whenever you feel comfortable, something else happens to throw you off balance and test your capability to withstand anything.

I figured I'd update everyone on the stuff thats been going on this month. A lot has happened. Most importantly, I'm a year older! Wahoooo! haha. TWENTY! I have a post that I'll get to eventually that I've been working on for a while of all the things I've learned in 20 years of living. haha.. Perhaps this weekend I'll get to it...? haha we'll see.

Second item. For those of you who don't already know. Thomas and I are not going to be engaged anymore for the remainder of his mission. "Why?" you ask. Haha. Well, we talked about a lot of different things and different reasons and we both feel like it is the best decision for us to make right now. It's a little hard to explain it all because there are a lot of factors. For now, I am still waiting for him and when he gets home we will be in a better position to figure it all out and continue what we had before.

Third item. Some people in his mission were misusing the allowance from the Mission President to write people other than family emails on Pdays. He was allowing them to write friends (aka. people such as myself. MGs), but some of them wrote a TON of people all the time that were unneccesary or were misusing that privilege. So the MP had to change the rules, sooo, thomas is no longer allowed to write me emails from now on. So, back to regular old unreliable snail mail that is a hit or miss kind of a deal. I am not sure how that will all go. According to the letters that we've randomly sent each other since he's been in Nicaragua, it'll probably be about a month and a half to two months before I get to hear from him, outside the family email. So that is going to be tough. But today is his 13 month mark! 11 months left! We'll see how it all goes.

Fourth item. Class! Its getting tougher. This week we had monday off for Martin Luther King Day. That was a nice break. And we also have Saturday off because of a mistake the last teacher made on the syllabus and our teacher is a very nice person.

Well, A lot of stuff has been going on as you can see... I'll update some more later. I don't know when, but I'll get to it when I have a chance!

4 comments:

MotherToMany said...

I am so sad to hear that you two decided to not be engaged anymore, or at least for the time being. :(

I'm also sad to hear you won't be hearing from him as often either. That sucks that some people misused their free time like.

{{{HUGS}}}

And of course Happy Birthday again!

Sweating in the endless heat said...

KAITLYN.....I am officially the WORST sister you could possibly have:-( I am SOOOOOO sorry that I forgot to call you on your birthday. The sad thing is, is that I looked on the calendar Saturday morning, and saw it was your birthday and thought, "I'll wait later to call when the kids are all up we can sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY, to you", but as retarded as my brain/memory is right now, I hope you can forgive me????? I love you!

Kaitlyn said...

haha. Of course I forgive you! I am working in a room full of 8 one year olds. I think I lose part of my brain on a daily basis!

Kaleena said...

WOW! That is a lot. It seems like life just blast you sometimes, doesn't it. I think December was one of those months for me and I'm finally feeling normal again. Hope classes get a little better for you I know how stressful and time consuming they can be. What are you shooting to get a degree in? AND sometimes the best things in life come when you are least expecting them!