Well, next week my teacher is going on a little vacation so we get next thursday, saturday, and the following monday (pres. day) off. I was thinking "oh this will be the perfect time to not think about school and just relax a bit before it gets to the tough finale".... Nope nope nope!
Tonight, we talked about SO much material in 3 hours. I feel like we skimmed over so much stuff. We talk about 50 textbook pages as if it were 2, yet we need to know every fact that is on EACH of those 50 pages. It is overwhelming. I didn't realize how much new information I'd be learning. I knew it was a new subject, but i thought I would be at least familiar with or recognize or have heard of the majority of the stuff and then have to learn-learn the rest. WRONG! Basically everything we have learned the past few weeks has been all new stuff to me. Right now we are learning about legal research, and let me tell you it is going to be tough. We're spending about 2 weeks on this topic, which is not nearly enough, but oh well! I will just keep reading these 100 page chapters and working on learning as much as I can in the time left.
To add on to this talk about my class... Last week our topic was "evidence". There are a TON of rules as to what can be admitted into court as evidence and what can't or would be objected by the other party...and yadda yadda. Its in this document called "Rules of Evidence". Anywho, this is the week she told us "so basically from this point on, everything you've ever seen in any kind of media needs to be thrown out the window because all of it is a load of hoo-ey". I was thinking about it, and the other night my mom and I were flipping channels and I made her stop at CSI or Law & Order, one of those.... I always knew those types of shows were influenced by hollywood and how absolutely crazy most of their scenarios were, but I didn't realize that almost all of the procedure they follow would never happen or else they'd get in major trouble and probably get themselves kicked out of invesitgation or in the attorney's case, disbarred. I was sitting there watching the show this time with all the stuff I've learned and thinking "Well it doesn't matter if they catch that guy because they couldn't let him testify anyway according to blah blah blah rules..." haha. Or the way they were trying to convict the person in this particular episode was just completley a load of hoo-ey, just like she told us. I guess I'm officially becoming a legal nerd now that I can actually criticize those shows with my own knowledge and find the rule that tells you why too! :-)
1 comment:
Well at least you can spend the time that you would have been driving studying, right? :-) Keep up the hard work! You are ALWAYS in our prayers!!!
Post a Comment