This summer we've been having (almost) weekly game nights with our friends Matt and Mary and their little one year old Michael (sometimes other people come too). It has been a lot of fun and I have enjoyed getting to know them. Matt and Nick met while serving in the small towns surrounding Park City, mostly Kamas and Oakley, during their mission.
Today, one of their other mission friends, Matt, is getting married (to Michele... Nick and I feel out of some secret M name loop when all 6 of us are together.) Note: Nick's friends are almost exclusively named either Matt or Chris. When he starts talking about "Matt" or "Chris" I have to ask him to clarify which one because he sometimes forgets he knows so many of each. Anyway, so last evening Matt, Matt, and Nick went out to pizza and a movie, and Mary and I hung out at the house with little Michael. I made some cupcakes and Mary and I took our time decorating them to the best of our limited cupcake decorating abilities and laughing at our child like creativity. It's not easy coming up with something to turn cupcakes into without some sort of idea beforehand. Little Michael had fun too. He is always laughing and smiling when they come over and it makes us more excited about becoming parents ourselves soon. Matt and Mary don't really have many toys for Michael, so he is always easily entertained when they come over by a whisk, a remote control, his reflection in the oven, or looking out the window. After that Matt and Nick came back and we all hung out for a bit longer. This morning Nick and I found some really great deals on KSL for baby items so our collection is slowly, but surely, building!
1 comment:
I LOVE how excited you are about being parents!!! The two of you are just AMAZING and will be awesome parents:-) I hope that the morning sickness has subsided??
Post a Comment