I am really enjoying our new place! If you haven't heard me say it already, here's the best part: a dishwasher! It has been beyond nice to have a dishwasher. I love not having these thoughts while cooking anymore: "I'm going to have to wash these dishes eventually.... I'll do it tomorrow... maybe..." I am just not good at keeping up with the hand washing of dishes. When I lived in Manzanita at SUU I didn't have a dishwasher and did just fine so I thought it would be fine as a married couple. What I didn't think of was that while I was at SUU, I only cooked one portion so the largest pot I used held one serving of noodles and the largest pan was a grilled cheese pan. The only time I used anything more than that was for our roommate dinners, which I was only in charge of about once a month. I am just glad we've got a dishwasher and washer and dryer now. Life is great.
I've also been getting a few things to make it feel more like home and look nicer. I've also finally been able to hang up some of our other art/other pieces that I never got to hang up in our other place. We have a lot more wall space here so I have more hanging room. Another thing I enjoy is that the walls are not all stark white. I just feel like I'm stuck in an elementary or middle school all day when the walls are all plain white. My roommates from college can attest to that. Both times at SUU I had to spruce up my walls but couldn't hang anything with nails and such. I ended up getting some printed wrapping paper and taping it up squares and rectangles of it around my room. It worked beautifully to add some life to an otherwise very boring dungeon of a room.
Anyways, we really enjoyed our trip down to Arizona this past weekend and miss all of our family already. We can't wait to see everyone again in a few months!
3 comments:
SO happy for you guys:-) Can not wait to see it in person in a month...that is if you're still okay with that???
We had so much fun with you being down here. Thanks for making the drive!
You know you could hang sudo wallpaper using fabric & liquid startch. It's really cool and comes right off without effort!
Post a Comment