This year I wanted to plant some sort of garden. Since we're in an apartment I had to do a potted garden but it's doing pretty well (pictures to come in a post soon... Nick has the camera today). I sometimes forget to water, but thankfully, plants are pretty forgiving and perk up if I water two days in a row instead of my usual every other day.
The plants we have are a small and large tomato plant, 2 green pepper plants, 2 red pepper plants, a butternut squash plant, and an anaheim pepper plant (for chili). Oh and we also have a basil plant which is probably the least productive... It needs a lot more water than everything else and so I have to make sure I water it every day or else some of the leaves dry up and die.
So far though we've had a TON of mini tomatoes and they are super delicious. SO juicy and sweet. I'm trying to save some so we can have them all at once on a salad or something. They pop up and then ripen pretty quickly. There are 4 tomatoes currently ripening on the larger tomato plant and several more flowers that are on their way. There are 3 red peppers that are growing and the green pepper and anaheim plants looks like they'll start producing something soon too. Several of the flowers on the squash also look quite promising. I'm really excited to start using the fresh food from our little garden. I can't wait to see how much we end up with.
Maybe by next summer we'll be in a house and we can plant a garden in the ground.
1 comment:
I really want to get on top of that myself too. Just never find the time to actually do it. Let alone gather all of the things I'd need. I wish I had a yard to just plant a straight up garden all my own. Congrats!
Post a Comment